Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A new morning



I have decided to start off the day a little better. Usually I am hurrying to get the kids out of bed, eat breakfast, make lunches and get out the door. It usually brings the kids down grumpy, whinny and sometimes darn mean. It will only takes one little child to start a fight. Lukas seems to really be grumpy in the mornings and he is ready to rumble!

This week I am starting to get the kids up earlier. With a kindness in my voice I get the kids up. This can be very difficult the tenth time asking them to get out of bed! Then downstairs we go to eat breakfast and listen to a story from the New Testament. I have been letting the children read but no more, they fight over who will read, isn't that dandy. I read the stories and all is well. The lunches are done the night before and we are all relaxed. The kids are nice to each other and lovingly say good bye when I drop them off. It has changed our mornings. I encourage you all to try it if you haven't already, it really makes the day much smoother.

3 comments:

Lisa Dean said...

You're always coming up with good ideas! Good job!

JJ said...

Oh, what a great idea! Good luck this week!

House of Stiles said...

Great idea... while you are at it, record your morning stories and then send them to us.... That way you could make our day also.

Followers